|Giving Tuesday May 5 2020 ~ We’re all in this together An opportunity for people around the world
to stand together in unity ~ to use their individual power of generosity to remain connected and heal.
for the support we recently received in response to our last newsletter ~ people who volunteered, became a member, or contributed financially to our organization.
We appreciate your thoughtfulness, generosity and kind words at all times, not just today!
We have been blessed over the years to have so many artists, individuals, and businesses, large and small, volunteering, providing services and goods, and contributing to and participating in our fundraising activities, providing support in so many ways for the continuing operations and programs of this community organization. As we recently stated, there is an excellent core of community support for the objectives and values of the Caetani Centre.
It is difficult to express the gratitude we feel ~ so often a simple thank you feels inadequate, but it is always sincere and heartfelt.
Giving Tuesday ~ community involvement in an unprecedented time
In just a few short months, COVID-19 has grown into a global pandemic. Across Canada and around the world, healthcare systems are overwhelmed and millions of vulnerable people need support as social distancing and the economic impact take their toll. The goal is to rally the world to drive a massive, collective spike of generosity and giving of all kinds to help address this unprecedented need.
The day is designed to drive an influx of generosity, citizen engagement, business and philanthropy activation, and support for communities and charities around the world. It’s a day when we can all come together and give back in all ways, no matter who or where we are.
What is GivingTuesday?
· GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement that unleashes the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and their world.
· GivingTuesday’s global network collaborates year-round to inspire generosity around the world, with a common mission to build a world where generosity is part of everyday life.
· GivingTuesday normally takes place each year after BlackFriday and Cyber Monday. This year, exceptionally, there are two GivingTuesdays, May 5 and December 1, 2020
Who can participate?
· Everyone! Literally. GivingTuesday has been built by a broad coalition of partners, including individuals, families, nonprofits, schools, religious organizations, small businesses, brands and corporations. People and organizations are planning and participating in GivingTuesdayNow activities in every country in the world.
How can I participate in #GivingTuesdayNow?
· Participating in #GivingTuesdayNow is about joining a global movement for generosity in this unprecedented time of need, and there are so many ways to do that. Whether you give your voice, goods, your time, or your money, being generous is a way to fight for the causes you care about and help people in need.
· Give to your favourite cause or a fundraiser to help those in need.
· Discover a local fundraiser, community drive or coordinated event to join others in your area — they need your help.
· Share kindness with your neighbours.
· Show gratitude to healthcare workers, service providers, and other essential workers you rely on.
· Use social media to spread the word!
· Talk about giving and generosity using the hashtag #GivingTuesdayNow
· Share Facebook posts
· Follow on Twitter and use the #GivingTuesdayNow hashtag
· Follow on TikTok— GivingTuesday
· Snapchat — add/GivingTuesday
· Share our social media channels in your organizational and personal social networks
· Announce your participation in #GivingTuesdayNow to your networks and email lists
· Visit the website for more ideas and ways you can get involved.
What does it cost? Are there fees?
There are no costs or fees to participating in #GivingTuesdayNow. GivingTuesday is a free and open movement to unleash generosity in response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19. All of our resources are available for free through our website.
Is GivingTuesday raising money or collecting funds on #GivingTuesdayNow?
· No, GivingTuesday is organizing this event in partnership with a global network of nonprofits, communities, leaders, businesses and funders, and individuals who want to give back. Individual organizations may host fundraising drives in conjunction with #GivingTuesdayNow, but funds raised are collected by the individual organizations.
How Can You Help the Caetani Centre?
Like many other non-profit charities and small businesses in the broader community, the Caetani Centre has been hit particularly hard by the COVID-19 situation.
We again invite all our members and supporters to join us online this summer for unique and inspiring presentations and events.
The Caetani Centre is unique.
There is no other organization exactly like this locally, or in the province of British Columbia, and perhaps even in the rest of Canada.
We provide a unique service to this community.
Let’s not lose sight of our goals and past achievements.
Please join us in supporting the ongoing success of this community organization:Purchase a Membership!Make a donation!Participate and Join in to our ONLINE events!Volunteer! We still need gardening volunteersYOU are our highest priority.
The North Okanagan shares strong community values, and we will emerge energized on the other side of this, and ready for new cultural events and programs!
Please visit our website for regular updates www.caetani.org.
Stay safe and healthy!
Thank you for your support ~ past and present!
Pictured above: Fellowship, Sveva Caetani, watercolour
Thanks to Heidi Thompson for use of the lovely classic photograph of Sveva Caetani!