Interested in teaching a class? Please contact our office at 250-275-1525
Applications now open: Deadline Extended: Wednesday, May 30, 2018
Permanent, Part-time (Download PDF Admin Assist)
The Caetani Cultural Centre (C3) requires a dynamic, creative, enthusiastic and motivated Administrative Assistant to support the programs and events of the centre for youth, volunteers and community members. This position requires flexibility as many events are scheduled during evenings and weekends. The successful applicant will have an interest in arts, culture and heritage, and will assume a wide range of duties in support of the organization. This position reports to the executive director. A combination of relevant education and experience will be considered.
This is a permanent, part-time position averaging approximately 12-20 hours/week, depending upon events and seasonal activities, vacation scheduling, etc. References required.
Start date: June 2018
Application Process: Apply online using the form below
No phone calls please.
The Caetani Centre thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
- Invoicing, payment. membership and registration tracking.
- Volunteer coordinating for garden maintenance, events, and programs. Assist with volunteer and membership management. Select, train, coordinate, supervise, and evaluate volunteers.
- Liaise with staff, artists, program instructors, partnering organizations, volunteers and participants, as needed.
- Management and updating of program registrations, scheduling, organization, tracking registration for workshops, payments, class lists, etc.
- Assist with physical set up and take down for programs, events, receptions, guest speaker presentations, community workshops, and organize volunteers to assist.
- Management and updating of organizational contact lists, memberships, letters, mailings, eNews, billing, etc.
- Update the Caetani website for all events, workshops
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent working knowledge of/or willingness to learn:
- Microsoft office applications – Word, Excel, etc. Knowledge of G Suite would be an asset.
- Basic Bookkeeping, knowledge of Quickbooks or comparable accounting system for invoicing, billing, sales, creation of financial reports, arranging cash floats, ticket sales, issuing tax receipts, etc. Knowledge of Square and Paypal would be an asset.
- Proficiency with Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, etc.). Email Newsletters (Mailchimp), simple website updating (WordPress), updating community calendars
- graphic design experience (Adobe Creative Suite) and photographic skills would be an asset, but not required
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision. Able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Supervision of summer students.
- Ability to meet deadlines and organize workload in a changing environment
- Willingness to work flexible hours including seasonal (summer), occasional evenings and weekends are required
- Excellent Customer service skills. Must enjoy working with the public.
- Experience working with volunteers, public and community groups
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Reliable and punctual
- Valid driver’s license and transportation
- Serving It Right certificate would be an asset
- Previous experience in a related field (visual arts, museums, history, literature, music) and relevant experience would be an asset but not required
- Applicant must be legally entitled to work in Canada and undertake a Criminal Record Check if requested.
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED FOR :
Summer Student Youth Employment:
Research and Program Assistant
Event and Program Assistant
Join us this summer!
These positions are full time through the Young Canada Works Program 2018.
Please note: These positions may begin as soon as May 23rd, or as late as June 1st and run throughout the summer until the end of August.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: April 30th, 2018
The Caetani Centre has experienced exponential growth in the past years and is continuing to grow and develop to meet the needs of an expanding heritage, arts and cultural community, cultivating partnerships and encouraging creativity. The Caetani programs are formulated to provide a supportive working environment for professional artists, musicians, writers, youths, etc., striving to provide opportunities for mentoring, presentations, workshops, artistic development, research, and collaborative opportunities in media and visual arts, and we will continue to add to the substantial heritage component of our activities.
The successful applicants will gain valuable research and administrative skills in both museum and cultural practices, use of computer office programs, and will be encouraged to develop creative and critical problem-solving skills that will be transferrable to any workplace, not only cultural venues. These two positions will overlap. The holder of these positions will need to demonstrate a strong ability to communicate effectively with people in order to encourage ongoing and lasting support for the Caetani Centre from local artists and the community. The successful candidates will be highly motivated and organized, show attention to detail in planning and executing tasks, manage their time effectively and be able to work on their own initiative.
These positions require flexibility in hours, as weekends and some evenings are required.
Applicants should be 19+ and have a valid drivers license (some exceptions apply).
Applicant must be a Canadian citizen and be returning to school in the fall of 2018.
$13 per hour.
Please read full guidelines before applying. Candidates may apply for both jobs with one application.
NOTE: PLEASE LABEL ALL OF YOUR FILES WITH YOUR LAST NAME