* Creative experiences involve an interplay between exploration, inquiry, and purposeful choice
* Artists experiment in a variety of ways to discover new possibilities
* Works of art influence and are influenced by the world around us
* Explore identity, place, culture, and belonging through arts experiences
* Reflect on creative processes and make connections to other experiences
* Describe and respond to works of art and explore artists’ intent
* Why do you think this artist created this work?
* How do you think this artwork was made?
* What do you think this artist is trying to say in this artwork? What is the meaning or message?
* People from diverse cultures and societies share some common experiences and aspects of life
* British Columbia followed a unique path in becoming a part of Canada
* Immigration and multiculturalism continue to shape Canadian society and identity
* Recognize the causes and consequences of events, decisions, or developments
* Construct narratives that capture the attitudes, values, and worldviews commonly held by people at different times or places
* Make ethical judgments about events, decisions, or actions that consider the conditions of a particular time and place, and assess appropriate ways to respond
* What do we know about the artist after viewing this artwork?
* What are the stories being told through the artwork? What story in the work do you find most compelling?
* How would you explain to another person what they should be learning about/looking at this artwork?
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS
* Curiosity and wonder lead us to new discoveries about ourselves and the world around us
* Exploring stories and other texts helps us understand ourselves and make connections to others and to the world
* Questioning what we hear, read, and view contributes to our ability to be educated and engaged citizens
* Engage actively as listeners, viewers, and readers, as appropriate, to develop understanding of self, identity, and community
* Show an increasing understanding of the role of organization in meaning
* Transform ideas and information to create original texts
* If you could ask this artwork a question, what would you ask it?
* What is strange about this painting? What is mysterious about this artwork?
* What elements seem dreamlike or imaginary? What is exciting about this artwork?